Skip to main content

Pondering



Bill,
I see your face everywhere
On the cover of vogue
You turn now rogue.
Now on every magazine
For all the editorials, essays, articles you can read
Shows us the vast majority
Dimming, how fast it's sinking
What they felt for you
Bill,
No filter
Don’t wait till they cult ya
You once were on cult status
Riding high to the stratosphere
Now you need a redeemer
Now you need a Savior
Can’t blend no innocent sentence
No casting shade
Bill,
for many, you were their father
Now you need a redeemer
Now you need a Savior
Not many survivors on the trail
Bill,
I see your face everywhere
I hear your voice too
I don’t know how innocence, will play out too.
Said you need a Savior
Said you need a friend
Can’t blame this innocence, on an innocent friend
Can’t blame this trial on
Maniacal denials
Can’t blame this evidence on, an innocent sentence
Bill,
 I see your face everywhere. It’s on a billboard.
The longer it stays there, the longer it gathers hordes
Of fresh voices gathered up
Maniacal denials
Can’t blame this evidence on, an innocent sentence
Bill, I see you now
All ever wanted was,
 live the dream you showed
Bill, I see you now
Every time I have a dollar
I see you now.
Only now I want to holler.

BILL!
George Reid Copyright 2016

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mic check, mic check, mic check, mic check! Ahem. If you have been reading this blog so far. I want to thank you and if this is your first blog, Happy New Year!!! Now let’s begin a new year with new ideas new poetry series.  We will continue with the same format, or we might change it!  If you have ideas that you would like to see being expressed, please let me know. I want to state that this a family-friendly blog. The subject matter posted will be moderated. I will screen the subject matter posted before writing any poetry. That being said, let’s write!
Here is poem 2, called They threw us. If you can throw your support around this poem by commenting or sharing I would appreciate it. They threw us They threw us in here, oh what a thing. They threw us in here because we would not sing, No singing no dancing and most of all no worship.  He thinks he is God But we know who we worship. We know who we worship.  `Not someone who breathes and dies just like everyone He said I give you one more time Get ready when you hear the song Get on your knees and cry to the mighty one. My God will rescue us we are not afraid of this dangerous fire you heat seven times If He never saves us  And nothing ever becomes Be it known our consent is we won’t bow We won't bow  We won't bow  We won't bow. So keep it in your mind Don't you waste your time No one needs  No, no one needs to speak  No not for us We have already spoken.

Beautiful

It’s like a beautiful flower Blooming coming out after the rain It’s a precious theme petals so soft blossom so pure It’s a love emotion sweet devotion now It’s aroma filling the air Like a bright sunset you make me content to wear my heart is yours It’s yours. My heart is yours C’mon and write your heart on my sleeves your love is like a sweet potion your love is like pure emotion droplets of nectar fill the air You're here with me now you’re here now Can you hear me now? Can you hear me now? whispering can you hear me now?